Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Athletes Discover Pot for Pain

You can try goggling this article and as usual whenever the pharmaceutical companies are proven how much damage and impact their products can usually have, the information falls behinds. So kuddos to Marc Peruzzi for his research and well put together article in regards the Marijuana and the wonders on serious pain related to major illness.

Excerpt from Men's Journal Magazine September 2008:

But could weed also be a better option than over-the counter drugs for sports injuries and muscle soreness?

I'm an Advil junkie. I stared abusing the anti-inflammatory after injuring my back spring skiing at Killibgton, Vermont, in the early 1990's. That day, while cresting over a slushy mogul, I compressed my spine and stacked all of my body weight on one wee, jelly-like disk in my lower back.

With much manipulation i folded myself behind the wheel for the three-hour drive home, popped open a bottle of Advil, and crammed five "skier's Chiclets" into my mouth, bucking them down dry.

For the next four years i turned screws in ski shops with bags of frozen peas strapped to my back and a bottle of Advil on the workbench. "Vitamin A" we called it. During that time i developed an ulcer. One night, piranha swimming in my intestines. Click on images from the complete article.






2 comments:

FACE. said...

werd.... im a true believer.

My twist is your shout said...

Weed is life and not only can Advil give you Ulcers but it can also cause immunity against Pain Killers which is seriously bad news if you become ill or have to have surgeries.