Thursday, September 18, 2008

Do you ever wonder?

This weekend I went to Border's book store. The purpose of this ever so memorable trip was to pick up some studying materials. Instead, I wandered over to another section, you know, the one with bright colorful construction paper, jelly pens, a massive shelf of Burt's Bees products, bean bags, chocolates, and fluffy head bands... you know exactly what section I'm talking about. I became melancholic the moment I saw the Baby Sitter's Club, and so I grabbed a couple of them and headed for the Starbucks cafe across the isle. But what really got me was this do it your self guide, like the bible on origami, that I saw next to the fresh roast and the jelly belly. When after half an hour I actually figured out how to make a dove out of tissue paper, I knew that this guide had to be mine. The thing is, I only had 45 in cash, and my study material was 40. The origami bible was 42.80. I lied to myself about really needing the study materials, and made the line with my origami bible. Oh and I grabbed the jelly belly too. Which I happen to be munching on on this very moment. At work, writing this blog instead of actually doing work. Sigh.

No comments: